A delicious dairy, gluten and refined sugar free recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
Apple Feijoa and Almond Crumble
prep cook total
yield 6-8 serves
Apple and Feijoa Crumble An easy feijoa crumble recipe, a healthy crumble topping with oats and almond butter you can use to top any fruit or berry in a crumble.
- 500g stewed apples
- 8 Feijoa
- 2 Cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground almond
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2- 3 Tbsp brown rice syrup
- 30g coconut oil
- Place the stewed apple in a baking dish (you can use canned cooked and diced or sliced apple if you prefer)
- Scoop the flesh from the feijoa and add to the dish with the apple, give them a quick mix to ensure the feijoa is evenly distributed
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor, blitz to create the crumble topping
- Taste the topping mixture to ensure you have the right level of sweetness, it will depend on your families palate for low sugar eating if you will find the 2 Tbsp of honey enough for the sweetness or if you will need a little more.
- Top the fruit with the crumble topping
- Bake in an oven at 180 degrees Celsius (160 is fan forced) for 15mins
- This recipe is equally delicious without the feijoa, just as an apple almond crumble
- Serve with coconut yogurt as a dairy-free option
- I really love this as a 30 day approved treat. All you have to do is take out the feijoas